Who can join the ASIS&T chapter?
All full-time and part-time students in the UCLA Department of Information Studies are welcome and eligible to join ASIS&T at student rates.
Why should I join UCLA ASIS&T?
ASIS&T is the only professional association that bridges the gap between the diverse needs of researchers, developers and end users, and between the challenge and opportunities associated with emerging technologies and applications.
Some benefits of being a student member of ASIS&T include:
- Discounted rates to conferences and events
- Automatic membership in LACASIS&T, the regional chapter of ASIS&T
- Online subscription to the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
How do I join the UCLA student chapter of ASIS&T?
All you have to do is email us, your friendly student officers (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
How do I join the national ASIS&T group?
You can apply by filling out the application, online or in print.
- If you apply online, have the faculty adviser send an email to email@example.com verifying your status as a UCLA Information Studies student.
- If you mail your application, don’t forget to ask for the faculty adviser’s signature on the form.